1. Did you know that you can recycle old cell phones, mp3 players, and ink cartridges at Target? Once you've wiped your personal information from a device you can bring it into a store and drop it off in their electronics recycling bin. Additionally, did you know that Target periodically accepts expired and unexpired car seats in exchange for 20% off a new car seat?
2. Did you know that you can drop off items to be shredded for a fee at Staples? If you don't have time to do your own shredding or don't have a shredder, just drop your boxes of paperwork to be shredded at your local Staples store and let them do it for you.
3. Did you know that there are several thrift stores in town that will come to your home and pick up your unwanted items for free? One of our favorite thrift stores is Habitat for Humanity. They are unique in that in addition to normal thrift store items, they also accept building materials.
4. Did you know that there are several drop boxes around town for unwanted/expired medications? It's not a good idea to flush medications. To find a drop box near you, check out this list of locations.
5. Did you know that you can recycle rechargeable batteries, compact florescent light bulbs (CFL's), and plastic shopping bags at Lowe's? Many businesses have shopping bag recycling so if you have a huge stash from years of grocery shopping without reusable bags, why not drop them to be recycled on your next trip to the grocery?
What other items or businesses have you discovered that are working towards recycling, reusing, and reducing waste?
We would love to hear!!