DECIDING WHICH BOOKS TO KEEP
Consider these questions when sorting through which books you'll keep and which you are willing to part with:
- When was the last time I read this book?
- Will I read it again?
- If it's a cookbook, do I use it? Hint: the presence of food stains indicates a keeper.
- Is the book a classic?
- Does the book have specific value — is it a signed copy, first or collectible edition?
- Is the book out-of-print or hard to replace?
- Do you have mulitple copies? (Just keep one)
- Do you have an electronic version of this book? (Let the paper version go)
- Is this a book I've borrowed and need to return?
WHAT TO DO WITH BOOKS YOU'RE LETTING GO OF
Here's a fun video showing a few different ways to style your own bookshelf. And a cute infographic drawing of the different styles!