Morning routines have become our mantra to start the day; whether it's getting some extra zZz's or waking up to hit the gym, we all have our own routines and ways to jump start our days. If you are looking for a new way to start your day, we've rounded up a few easy to maintain ideas to get you started!
1. Set an alarm to go to bed and an alarm to wake up - Our bodies have their very own clocks. A great way to learn how much sleep you need is to start listening to that body clock. When setting a time to go to bed, you are also able to see how much sleep you will get that night! It's a great way to wake up, knowing you got your full 6-8 hours of sleep the night before.
2. Make your bed - This simple task gets you out of bed and gives you the feeling of accomplishment first thing in the morning!
3. Drink water - Yes, coffee... but first, a glass of water. Drinking water first thing helps flush out toxins and starts your metabolism.
4. Take time for yourself - Chances are, your day is already full from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. Allowing yourself some time alone in the morning can help set your mood and intention for the day ahead. Some things you can do in the time are: read, exercise, sip your coffee, walk your pup, or even tidy your space.
5. Include the weekends - Creating a habit takes time. In fact, it takes 21 days to create a new habit. Continuing your morning routine through the weekends will help you maintain your new rhythym and you'll still be able to find time for yourself.
Do you already have a morning routine you follow? We would love to know how you start your day!