Organizing and decorating can be challenging. We've found that it's easy to feel weighed down and stuck in the "stuff" that hinders us from loving our dwelling places. Think about the pile of mail on the kitchen counter, the clothes stacked on a chair in your bedroom, the crafts spread on your kids floor, and the mixed up files in drawers of your office... you might already be ready to give up after just thinking about it!
A fresh approach might be the change you need in perspective to conquer your challenging space. Thanks to Instagram and Pinterest, we've lost a lot of our ability to envision things on our own. We pin the image of an immaculate office and elegant bedroom that are way outside of our budget, and when we shut our computer we settle back into the reality of our lackluster spaces.
enjoy these creations as you start to imagine your spaces with new eyes.
Ashley Dawn Addair is the creative behind the visual beauty below.
Close out of Pinterest, shut the computer, and open your creative mind. Here are some questions to think about as you re-think areas of your home.
- Who will use this space most?
- What key furniture does this space need?
- What colors create the mood you want to inspire?
- What textures deliver comfort, function and coziness?
- How can you create natural/warm light in this space?
- What memories do you want to make in this space?
- How do you hope your guests feel in this space?
- What current items in this space are you ready to purge/donate?
- Do you prefer exposed or hidden organization of the stuff essential to this space?
Each space and home and it's people are unique. Don't limit your space by the images you see online, dream up your ideal space and incorporate the specific items you already love and possess.
Happy envisioning friends! If you'd like some help and direction in your space, we'd love to work with you.