Hello friends, it's Cassandra, Help You Dwells Interior Designer. Do you ever read 'Interior Designer' and instantly think you can't afford one? Maybe you're not quite sure what an Interior Designer can do for you. I'm here to lay it all out for you + give you the opportunity to know more about my services first hand!
5 Reasons you should hire an Interior Designer:
1. Professional Assessment: “A designer can give you a professional assessment of your situation, that will then lead to a solid plan of action. The order of things in a design plan is key in determining what can be re-purposed or should be edited. This will not only effect the budget but help you to spend it more efficiently.” - FreshHome
2. Save you Money: Yes, save you money. A designer may have an upfront fee for their services but their experience & knowledge can save you money along the way. Have you ever purchased a sofa from a warehouse, only to bring it home to find out it doesn't fit? Maybe you've painted your whole house only to realize that you don't love it. A designer will have already done the up front work of making your space just right. They can help you avoid costly mistakes & help you add true value to your home.
3. Budget + Planning: As stated above, Designers already do the up front work, including selecting items in your budget and planning for the right pieces. This is can also save you time, which saves you money! Designers know all the sources that fit any budget and do all the research so you don't have to.
4. Liaison: If you are working with a contractor and/or an architect, having a designer readily is key to a successful project. Designers know how to read architectural plans that you may struggle with. They are also key is catching or adding value into your spaces that you may have not thought of otherwise.
5. WOW Factor: When you walk into a space that is well done, you can usually find a designer that was behind it. Designers are creative, they think outside the box; it's what they do all day long. They are knowledgeable and have an eye to really make a space special.
"Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment. These solutions are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants and are aesthetically attractive. Designs are created in response to and coordinated with the building shell and acknowledge the physical location and social context of the project. Designs must adhere to code and regulatory requirements, and encourage the principles of environmental sustainability. The interior design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research, analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process, whereby the needs and resources of the client are satisfied to produce an interior space that fulfills the project goals." -NCIDQ
Still not convinced that a trained Interior Designer is worth the money? Now is your time to find out! Help You Dwell is hosting a workshop at The Hive, Saturday April 29th.
REGISTER today for an opportunity to
create a space in need of design services.
Workshop: Presentation to get to know the designer, plus tricks & trips on how to create beautiful + functional space. This is also the perfect time for any questions you may have for the design services HYD provides & your to-do list.
To-Do: Upon registering you will be given a questionnaire to help the designer with your wants + needs for the space. You will also need to provide photos of your space. (these can be sent via email.)
Take-away: Once the workshop is done, you will provide your questionnaire sheets and photos to the designer. She will then get busy creating a layout + comments and recommendations to help you achieve your goals for the space provided.
*Please note only one space in your home per customer (this can include anything from a closet to a living room that needs special attention) Also, the workshop is limited to 12 persons due to the amount of work the designer will give each individual. Your follow-up may take up to 2 months.