Hanging art can come with it challenges. Luckily, our Interior Designer, Cassie, put together a few visuals and tips to help you hang art like a pro! Below, you will find a few examples of the most common mistakes we see when it comes to placement and spacing and examples of how to correct them.
When in doubt....
- Hang single art pieces at eye level (56"-60"H)
- Treat two pieces as one (stack these items, keeping the distance between them 1.5"-2"; don't be afraid the stack two different frames, i.e. smaller frame above a larger frame)
- Get creative with a gallery wall but keep the spacing (1.5"-2") consistent
- Mix & Match mirrors and art
- On a larger wall, fill the space with a series of art or photos in a grid pattern
- Lastly, mock up your wall with a piece(s) of paper the same size as your frame