1. Make a list of spaces in your home that need order. Pay attention to how the space is currently used and what you'd like it to be used for. Having vision and purpose for the space is key to getting motivated to start & finish. Try thinking about the things you wish you had space for in your home. When you start thinking outside of the box you may realize that you can re-purpose a closet into a crafting nook or a home office.
2. Don't go it alone. Call a friend, a family member or Help You Dwell to be a second set of eyes allowing you to envision creative ways to organize and re-purpose your space that you might not ordinarily think about. Organizing with others helps you not get bogged down in the details and helps to make the decisions on whether to keep or share items with others.
3. Make attainable goals, staying focused on one project at a time. Set aside small, specific increments of time to accomplish your goals. Setting aside an hour of focused, intentional time can be much more productive and less overwhelming than a whole day or weekend of work.
4. Get supplies ready; trash bag, donation bag/box, "put away" bin (laundry baskets work great for this) and any storage containers you may need. We recommend organizing before buying bins so you know how many containers you will need. If you prefer to buy storage bins before hand, make sure to keep receipts so you can return items you don't need.
5. Get started. Half of the battle is taking the first step. Turn on some music, grab a bottle of water and stay the course so you can enjoy your space the way you've always wanted.